Arm fat & armpit fat can always be irritating & embarrassing for everyone. This is because the extra fat accumulated on the arms is easily visible to other people. Thus, you are not able to wear your favorite dresses like tees, sleeveless dresses, and short-sleeve dresses. What’s more annoying is that it’s very difficult to get rid of arm fat. However, with a combination of a healthy diet and specific exercises, you can easily get rid of the arms fat. To help you in a better way, here are the top tips and exercises on how to lose arm fat and armpit fat quickly.
Top tips to lose arm fat & armpit fat
- Drink Plenty Of Water
Water is one of the most essential components of any weight loss diet plan. Thus, drinking plenty of water daily also helps you to lose armpit fat & arm fat quickly. There are many ways in which water helps in quickening the fat loss process. Firstly, it helps in keeping you full for a longer time and suppresses your cravings. Secondly, water helps in burning excess fat through the process of perspiration. Finally, it also boosts your digestion and metabolism to speed up the weight loss process. Therefore, you need to drink at least 3-4 liters of water every day.
Eat Fiber-Rich Foods
If you want to eliminate extra fat from the body, fiber is highly recommended by fitness experts around the world. Fibrous foods take more time to get processed and absorbed by the digestive system. Thus, you tend to feel full for longer periods and your hunger is suppressed greatly. This helps in limiting your daily caloric intake, which further speeds up the weight loss and extra fat elimination process. Some of the best fiber-rich foods for you to eat include veggies, fruits, legumes, whole grains, seeds, and nuts.
Eat Protein-Filled Foods
For centuries, protein-rich foods have been the primary element in the fat loss diet plan. People who wish to get a leaner and muscular body tend to eat a protein-rich diet for quick and better results. This is because protein-filled foods are medically proven to suppress hunger and cravings by keeping your stomach full for long. Every fitness expert around the world recommends high proteins for quicker weight loss as well. Some of the best protein-rich foods to eat include eggs, salmon, dairy, lean meats, and leafy green vegetables, etc.
In multiple medical studies, it was found that your sleep quality and duration directly affects your body’s fat accumulation. There are many ways in which your sleep affects your weight loss or gain. For instance, your body’s digestive system and metabolism work at night during your sleep. Thus, if you don’t have a sound sleep or you sleep very little, the foods are not processed properly by your body. This further leads to weight gain. Secondly, not having proper sleep increases your hunger and cravings during the day.
Thus, you end up overeating or eating calorie-dense foods that are processed, fried, or preserved. This is why you need to sleep for at least 6-8 hours daily to lose armpit fat and overall weight.
Avoid Processed Foods
Processed foods are one of the biggest causes of weight gain and extra fat accumulation in the body. This is because processed foods are high in refined carbohydrates and low in dietary fiber content. Thus, these foods have been medically proven to boost your hunger and cravings. Furthermore, these foods are high in calories, which is why they increase your weight drastically in little time. Therefore, it is highly recommended to avoid eating processed, baked, ready-to-cook, and preserved foods. As an alternative, you should eat foods like whole grains, fresh fruits, green leafy vegetables, and nuts, etc.
How to lose arm fat with exercises?
Along with these five tips, you need to do various exercises to tone your arms and armpits. If you ask any fitness expert on how to lose arm fat with exercises, he’ll surely recommend you below-mentioned exercises.
Pushups are an amazingly efficient workout to lose armpit fat and arm fat. This exercise targets your biceps, triceps, chest, back, shoulders, and abs, etc. Moreover, pushups also help in building, toning, and strengthening your upper body. Also, you can do pushups as a warm-up exercise before lifting weights.
Steps to do pushups
- Get down on the floor into the extended arms plank position. Make sure to keep your back, neck, hips, and knees in a straight line.
- After that, you need to bend your elbows and lower down your body to touch your chest on the floor.
- Then, you need to again straighten your arms and return to the initial position.
- Repeat these steps 20-30 times per set and increase repetitions as you gain strength.
Dumbbell Bent-Over Row
The dumbbell bent-over row is an incredible exercise to tone and strengthen your entire upper body. The main muscles worked by this exercise include biceps, triceps, back, shoulders, and lats. However, it is essential to do this exercise correctly to avoid any kind of back injuries or problems.
Steps to do bent-over row
- Stand straight with both feet shoulder-width apart, and hold one dumbbell in your right hand by your side.
- After that, you need to bend slightly forward with a straight back.
- Then, you have to lift your right-hand dumbbell towards your chest by bending your elbows backward.
- Slowly, return your right hand to the initial position.
- Repeat these steps 15-30 times per set and then switch arms.
Overhead Triceps Extensions
Overhead triceps extensions are one of the most effective exercises in the ‘how to lose arm fat’ list. The muscles worked with this exercise include triceps, shoulders, forearms, and lats. Also, you can do this exercise in two postures i.e. sitting and standing.
Steps to do overhead triceps extensions
- Stand straight with both your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell with both your hands.
- After that, you need to lift the dumbbell straight above your head by extending your arms straight.
- Then, slowly bend your elbows to lower the dumbbell towards the back of your head. Also, it is important to just move your forearms and keep the back-arms locked.
- Now straighten your arms to return the dumbbell to the initial overhead position.
- Repeat these steps 20-30 times per set.
Bicep curls are another great exercise to lose armpit fat and arm fat fast. The main muscles worked by this exercise include biceps, forearms, and shoulders. This exercise helps in building your arm strength to pick up weights daily.
Steps to do bicep curls
- Stand straight with both your feet at a shoulder-width distance and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- After that, you need to bend your right elbow to pull the dumbbell towards your shoulder.
- Then, return your right hand to the initial position and immediately do the same steps with your left hand. Also, make sure not to allow your back to bend even slightly while doing so.
- Repeat these steps 20-30 times with each arm per set.
Bench dips are another great exercise to tone and strengthen your arms. The main muscles worked by this exercise include triceps, shoulders, arms, lats, and chest. For this exercise, you will need a sturdy gym bench or a sturdy chair.
Steps to do bench dips
- Sit straight on a bench and grip the bench on each side with both your hands.
- After that, you need to push your butt off the bench in the forward direction.
- Then, slowly lower your hips towards the floor by bending your elbows. Make sure not to bend your back while doing so.
- When you reach the lowest point, push your lower body upward but don’t sit on the bench.
- Repeat these steps 15-30 times per set.
The Bottom Line
So these were the top exercises and tips on how to lose arm fat and armpit fast. By combining these tips and exercises, you can easily get the perfect toned and muscular arms. Also, make sure to get a custom-made diet plan from a licensed dietician to lose armpit fat quickly. As for the exercises, a gym trainer’s guidance is highly recommended to get the best results in little time.